OBSERVABLE FACT, AFTER 12 MONTHS OF DATA:
- Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2%
- Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6%
- Australia-wide, armed-robberies are up 44% (yes, FORTY-FOUR PERCENT)
- In the state of Victoria, homicides-with-firearms are up 300%
- Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in homicides-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
- Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in armed-robbery-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
- There has been a dramatic increase in breakins-and-assaults-of- the-elderly
- At the time of the ban, the Prime Minister said "self-defense is not a reason for owning a firearm"
- From 1910 to present, homicides in Australia had averaged about 1.8-per-100,000 or lower, a safe society by any standard.
- The ban has destroyed Australia's standings in some international sport shooting competitions
- The membership of the Australian Sports Shooting Association has risen to 112,000, a 200% increase, in response to the ban and as an attempt to organize against further controls, which are expected.
- Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain how no improvement in "safety" has been observed after such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in "ridding society of guns". Their response has been to "wait longer".